FOR PRIVATE PAY CLIENTS ONLY
EXPLANATION OF SERVICES
*** For Third Party Payers*** Please note that the charges below are for private pay cases only. Medicaid Rates are preset by the State of North Carolina. Third party payer rates will vary according to the care intensity and billing processes. Individual quotes are available at the time of specific referral information by contacting HEALTH-PRO at 252-364-8114.
SITTER/COMPANION/RESPITE CARE [Home, Hospital, Nursing Facility, Assistant Living Residents, Etc.]:
This is sitter/companion service only. Any-hands-on assistance must be individually approved by both HEALTH-PRO. Hands-on assistance (even when approved) will include only help with meal trays/feeding and assistance to walk to the bathroom if client is stable enough to walk. No bathing, assistance with medication, or participation in any other daily care.
PERSONAL CARE SERVICE (PCS)/RESPITE CARE [Home or Facility]
Includes PCS/Homemaker/Respite Care:
- Assistance with bathing & dressing
- Assistance with toileting & incontinence care
- Assistance with transfers when transfers are required
- Supervision & Socialization
- Preparation of snacks & light meals
- Reminders & assistance to take medications (if prepared by family or Home Health)
- Light housekeeping – This includes tasks that effect the client’s daily health and routines, but does not include heavy cleaning, such as windows and walls
- Taking out trash
- Assistance with correspondence and entertainment
- Shopping and errands (Aide may run errands in his/her own car but cannot transport client in aide’s car. However, aide may transport client’s in client car by special arrangement)
- Changing Linens
- Light Pet Care
Levels of service necessary may vary, depending on the actual needs of the client.
The client may need Personal Care level of service for 4 hours in the morning, and then may require only the level of Companion/Sitter care for the remainder of the day.
Mileage charge may apply at .45 cents/mile for errands when the aide uses his/her own car.
Shift changes are preferred no earlier than 6 A.M. or no later than 10 P.M. A minimum of 8 hours is required for night shifts that starts at 10 P.M. or later.
Flat rate of $16.00 per hour – $18.00 per hour if a CNA is required (4 hour Minimum).
(Please note there will be a slight increase per-hour for weekend and Holiday service).